Thursday, February 9, 2012

Shrimp Scampi Pasta
So my buddy, Janell made this for me a few years ago, and I LOVED IT. But I decided to play around with it and added a couple ingredients to make it my own:) Bacon & mushrooms...how can you go wrong! :) This is a dish my 4 year old daughter requests ALL the time...she told me it was her favorite (my little mushroom lover). Probably not the healthiest dinner, and I admit we have it more than we should...but it is so good! So eat in moderation! :) Serve with a big ole salad to make you feel better :)

Ok so the recipe...
12 oz pasta (I use bow ties cuz that is what my daughter requests :)
3 TB butter
2 1/2 TB olive oil
1 1/2 TB minced garlic
1 lb shrimp
1/3 c chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 carton of mushrooms, sliced
6-8 strips of bacon
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile in cook bacon in a skillet. Remove when crispy, set aside. Save the bacon drippings and add the butter and olive oil to the warm drippings. Add the garlic & mushrooms and cook til mushrooms are tender. Add shrimp, salt and pepper and saute til shrimp turn pink. (about 5 minutes) Remove from heat and add parsley and crumbled bacon. Toss to combine. When pasta is done drain and return to pot and immediately add shrimp and sauce. Toss well and serve. And enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment