Saturday, February 18, 2012

Banana Nut Muffins
2 cups sugar
3/4 oil
3 eggs
4 large ripe bananas
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup buttermilk**
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
6 oz chocolate chips
Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk and set aside. Cream together sugar, oil and eggs. Add bananas and mix. Add salt, flour and buttermilk (with dissolved baking soda). Mix then add vanilla, nuts and chocolate chips. Grease muffin tin and fill cups up 1/3. Bake on 350* for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
**I never have buttermilk on hand so I have to make it myself. I found this recipe in my trusty Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. Add 1/4 TB of vinegar to measuring cup, then add enough milk to equal 1/4 cup total. Let it stand for 5 minutes. Tadah! :)

I got this recipe from my pal Erin. She used to make loaves of banana nut bread that were SOO delsih!. But one day I decided to fiddle around with it a little and changed her recipe to make muffins...oh and I added the chocolate chips! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment