Friday, February 24, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Casserole
2 chicken thighs (cooked)
3 chicken breast (cooked)
1 medium onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 cup celery
1 stick of butter
1/2 lb Velveeta
1 can cream of mushroom
12oz pkg egg noodles
1 cup crushed corn flakes

(I cook my chicken in the crockpot all day. I add a little water so I can use the broth to boil my noodles) Saute onion, celery and bell pepper in part of the butter til tender. Add soup and cheese and heat until cheese melts..stirring occasionally. Cook the noodles in the chicken broth until tender. Cut or shred chicken into small pieces. Add noodles and chicken to soup mixture. Pour into lightly greased 9x13 dish and bake at 350* for 30-35 minutes. Meanwhile Mix one cup crushed cornflakes with remaining butter and sprinkle on top and bake for 15 more minutes or until browned.

This is one of my favorite recipes that my mom used to make at home. (She got it from my Mammaw.) But I used to request this dinner ALL THE TIME! Mom even made it for me when she came to visit and I was pregnant with my daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment