Friday, March 9, 2012

Pizza Casserole
1 lb beef
1 lb sausage
1 green pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 small carton of mushrooms, sliced
16 oz penne pasta
4 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 huge jar of spaghetti or marinara sauce
Italian seasoning to taste
Pepperonis

Cook and drain beef, sausage, and veggies. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Cook noodles according to pkg directions. In a 9x13 pan pour a SMALL amount of sauce into bottom...just enough to cover it. Then add half the noodles. Next add half the meat mixture (meat and veggies). Top that with half of the sauce. Then rest of the noodles, half of the cheese, rest of the meat mixture. Top with rest of sauce and rest of cheese. THEN top it all off with pepperonis. Baked COVERED for 30 minutes on 350*. Then uncover and bake for 15 more minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Ok, so my goal was to put NEW recipes out there on Pinterest. SO at first I wasn't posting recipes on MY blog that I got from Pinterest. THEN I realized that was silly! Mostly because the whole reason I am doing this blog is to get my recipes ready for our family recipe book I am making...and I was afraid if I didn't post these I would forget what I had taken pictures of...SOOO long story short. I got this recipe from Pinterest originally but of course I took this recipe and made it my own! I added the veggies and changed the noodles from egg noodles to penne pasta. And lets be honest I am pretty sure I used more than 4 cups of cheese...but didn't want you guys to judge me for that...:) Anyway this is SOOO easy and SOOO good...my 4 year old actually said "Mom this is so good, can we have it every night?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment