Saturday, June 30, 2012

Fruit Pizza
3/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
Heat oven to 300*. Beat butter and sugar til light and fluffy. Blend in flour. Press mixture into 12 inch round pizza pan (I used my Pampered Chef baking stone...just don't get to close to the edges it will spread a bit) Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Meanwhile
prepare the Vanilla Filling.

VANILLA FILLING
10 oz package of Vanilla Milk Chips
1/4 cup Whipping cream
8 oz cream cheese, softened
In microwave safe bowl, microwave chips and whipping cream on high 1-1 1/2 minutes or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Beat in cream cheese. Then spread over COOLED crust. Cover and Chill. and Prepare fruit topping.
FRUIT TOPPING
1/4 cup sugar
1 TB cornstarch
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/2 tsp lemon juice
In a small sauce pan combine sugar and cornstarch. Then stir in juices. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Cool. Meanwhile, slice and arrange fruit on top of Vanilla Filling, then pour cooled juice mixture over fruit.
Strawberries, Pineapples, Kiwi, Tangerines...anything you want on there! :)

I got this recipe from a very close friend in Missouri. Carrie made this for me for my son's surprise baby shower. I am not really a fruit eater but I love this! Probabaly cuz it has a cookie crust! :) Anyway yesterday was the first time I have made it, it was a bit time consuming but totally worth it! It looks so fresh and summer~y to me! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment