Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sunday Pot Roast
6 medium size peeled potates (whole)
12 peeled carrots
Chuck Roast
1 pkt dry onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
(Mix the dry onion soup mix and the cream of mushroom soup and a can of water)
Green bell pepper or Onion (optional)

My mom used to make this EVERY Sunday...sometimes I loved that, sometimes I was sick of it...but now as a mom I know why! Nothing like walking in the door from church and lunch being done...especially when you have hungry sleepy kiddos!
I never thought much about the order in which I put the stuff in the crockpot, until one day my mom taught me a little trick. You put the taters and carrots on the bottom and then the meat, then pour the combined soups on top of meat. That way the flavor of the meat seeps down to the veggies on the bottom...YUM!
Just throw it all in the crockpot for 8-10 hours on low. (Sometimes I even throw mine in frozen and if I do that I don't add the water to the cream of mushroom soup mixture)
Sometimes I add a green bell pepper and onion for some extra flavor. But that is up to you!
This is the EASIEST meal EVER! And so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment