Saturday, June 30, 2012

Greetings Everyone! Long time no post! Sorry I have no excuse...just doing old recipes I guess :) But since it is SUPER hot outside I thought I would post a few summer dessert ideas! I made this last night for my mother in law's birthday. We will call it

Push Up Punch
1.75 quarts (a box) of vanilla ice cream
1 container of sherbet
2 liters of Twist Up
1 large can of pineapple juice
Then just pour it all in a punch bowl about 30 minutes before you need to serve it, so the frozen stuff can melt a little and all the tastes can combine. I LOVE THIS PUNCH! One of my Fristers had this at her weddings, so I had it at mine, and I serve it at all the showers I do ..mostly any excuse to make it! YUM!
I used Orange last night just cuz Orange push ups remind me of my summers as a kid. BUT Raspberry Sherbet is great for baby girl baby showers because it is pink. Pineapple Sherbet is perfect for weddings because it ends up being a cream color...so depending on color, choose your sherbet! But they all taste amazing! If you wanted to you could add TWO boxes of vanilla ice cream if you needed it to be creamier...that is what my original recipe calls for, but this is just the way I have been making it. SO either way it is DELICIOUS! :) ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment